Rare surgery gives new food pipe to 8-year-old girl who accidentally drank acid

New Delhi: Neha’s parents for eight years, there was no word in a language that could express her happiness because her daughter could continue eating after more than six years.

The eight-year-old girl, who accidentally drank acid at the age of 1.5, underwent rare surgery at Vadilal Sarabhai Hospital in Ahmedabad, allowing her to lead a normal life again. According to the report, Neha could not even swallow her own saliva while consuming the acid had severely damaged her feeding tube, leaving only 1 cm intact. Since then, liquid food has been fed with an artificial tube inserted into the stomach for more than six years. Their anxious parents, who are visited daily many hospitals to find a cure for their daughters, but in vain, since doctors refused to operate their child underweight, weighing only 19 years, 5 kg.

However, the family arrived at the hospital V S Ahmedabad on the recommendation of the doctors there two months.

On May 9, the girl has been successfully exploited by a team of doctors who replaced her oesophagus.

Rare surgery called “gastric traction with oesophagal reconstruction,” which lasted five hours involved creating an 8-inch long incision of your abdomen for the neck to create a new step for food.

“We took part of his small intestine and replaced the oesophagus, creating a new link between the mouth and the stomach,” said Dr Hasmukh Vora, associate professor (surgical gastroenterology) at VS Hospital.

He added that it was difficult to operate on children who are underweight for several reasons.

Neha, who is from the Mau district of Uttar Pradesh, has been allowed to eat solid food since May 15 and is expected to be released on Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *